Paxton, Mass. – For the second time in three races this season, the Clark University women's cross country team had a pair of runners finish in the top ten. This time, led by those two performances, the Cougars finished third at the 33rd running of the Worcester City Championships on Friday afternoon at Moore State Park.
Defending champion and league rival WPI had all five of their scoring runners finish in the top ten to capture the program's 11th overall title, tying them with Holy Cross for the most ever.
Worcester State's Mia Rogers, who finished second a season ago, crossed the finish line first this year to claim the individual crown.
- Freshman Nicolina Braccio (Nashua, N.H.) turned in a fourth place finish (20:07).
- Junior Kristen Glennie (Standish, Maine) pushed through to finish ninth (20:39).
- Sophomore Maddy Doyle (South Berwick, Maine) finished 15th overall (21:21).
- Freshman Talia Neuhaus (Skokie, Ill.) got inside the top 20 with a 19th place finish (21:55).
- Freshman Shannon Reault (Tyngsboro, Mass.) just missed out on a top 20 effort, churning out a 21st place showing (22:05).
- Sophomore Camille Bales (Portland, Ore.) finished in 30th place (22:54).
- Junior Emily Monahan-Morang (Freeport, Maine) was 39th (23:49).
- Freshman Sheila Ford (Charlottesville, Va.) finished in 41st place (23:57).
- Sophomore Liza French (Middleboro, Mass.) finished in 42nd place (23:59).
- Freshman Jessica Horwitz (Winchester, Mass.) finished in 44th place (24:14).
- Junior Diana Argiles-Castillo (San Jose, Costa Rica) finished in 51st place (24:43).
- Freshman Sophie Kelliher (Mansfield, Mass.) turned in a 53rd place effort (24:48).
- Freshman Lucy Zachau (Freeport, Maine) finished in 56th place (25:22).
- Junior Rachel Donnelly-Cokinos (Monsey, N.Y.) finished in 59th place (25:53).
"Overall, it was a great race, especially for Kristen and Nicolina who battled hard up front," said Clark head coach Bill Gray. "But our 3-6 runners really brought it with a return to form from Maddy Doyle."
The Cougars are back in action next Saturday when they take part in the Saratoga Invitational.