Hopkinton, N.H. – The Clark University women's cross country posted an 8th place finish at the 4th Annual Bruce Kirsch Cross Country Cup, hosted by Franklin Pierce University on Saturday.
The Cougars, with 183 points, finished behind Merrimack (66), Bentley (85), Adelphi (120), Saint Rose (121), Southern Connecticut State (124), SNHU (133) and St. Michaels (163) – all Division II teams.
Once again it was Nicolina Braccio (Nashua, N.H.) pacing the Cougars. The freshman clocked in with a time of 19:58, good for tenth place overall.
Joining Braccio in the top 15 was Kristen Glennie (Standish, Maine) who turned in a time of 20:07, good for 14th place finish.
- Sophomore Maddy Doyle (South Berwick, Maine) finished 60th (21:38).
- Freshman Talia Neuhaus (Skokie, Ill.) finished 66th (21:48).
- Freshman Shannon Reault (Tyngsboro, Mass.) placed 72nd (21:59).
- Sophomore Liza French (Middleborough, Mass.) finished 93rd (22:33).
Sophomore Camille Bales (Portland, Oregon) finished 95th (22:36).
- Freshman Sheila Ford (Charlottesville, Va.) finished 114th (23:46).
- Junior Emily Monahan-Morang (Freeport, Maine) placed 100th (22:49).
- Freshman Jessica Horwitz (Winchester, Mass.) placed 110th (23:39).
"One of the best overall team performances from all of our runners in my four years," said Clark head coach Bill Gray. "I could not be prouder of our runners 1-10."
The Cougars return to action on Friday when they take part in the Worcester City Championships at Moore State Park. The race is scheduled to begin at 4:00 p.m.