Worcester, Mass. – Melissa Orzechowski won three events and three others won individual events as well for Clark University, but New England Women's And Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) rival Coast Guard Academy was able to hang on for a 190-102 win in women's swimming action on Saturday afternoon at the Kneller Center Pool.
- Orzechowski took first place in the 1,000-yard freestyle (11:01.82), then followed that up with a victory in the 200-yard freestyle (1:59.36) before wrapping up her afternoon by touching the wall first in the 500-yard freestyle (5:25.64).
- Lauren Clark (Haverhill, Mass.) took first place on the 1-meter board (175.40) and was then first on the 3-meter (188.40) board as well.
- Sasha Kumar (Canyon Country, Calif.) continued the impressive start to her collegiate career by finishing first in the 100-yard backstroke (1:04.49) and was edged out in the 200-yard backstroke to finish second (2:25.32).
- Quinn Mitchell (West Hartford, Conn.) turned in a pair of second place finishes beginning with her performance in the 200-yard butterfly (2:19.20) and then again in the 100-yard butterfly (1:00.95).
- Karina Urquhart (Sanford, Maine) collected a trio of top three finishes during her time in the pool on Saturday. She was second in the 400-yard IM (5:00.61) and in the 200-yard breaststroke (2:37.40) then third in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:14.09).
- Another solid performance from Clark came courtesy of Amelia Muratori (Southbury, Conn.), who turned in a second place showing in the 50-yard freestyle (26.03) and a third place finish in the 100-yard freestyle (56.97).
Clark is back in action on Wednesday when they visit WPI at 6:30 p.m.