The Scarlet and White had both Melissa Orzechowski (Windsor, Conn.) and Karina Urquhart (Sanford, Maine) win three individual events apiece and Amelia Muratori (Southbury, Conn.) won two of her own to highlight the Cougars' day in the water.
How It Happened:
- Orzechowski took top honors in the 1,000-yard freestyle (11:21.82), the 200-yard freestyle (2:05.46) and the 500-yard freestyle (5:33.20).
- Urquhart touched the wall first in the 200-yard breaststroke (2:41.30), the 200-yard backstroke (2:21.69) and the 200-yard IM (2:21.90).
- Lauren Clark (Haverhill, Mass.) won both the 1-meter and 3-meter diving events for the Cougars. She scored 154.15 on the 1-meter and then, diving on the 3-meter for the first time, posted a 135.80.
- Muratori finished first in both the 50-yard freestyle (26.81) and the 100-yard freestyle (57.66).
- Quinn Mitchell (West Hartford, Conn.) claimed the individual title in the 200-yard butterfly (2:26.04).
- The 200-yard freestyle relay of Jenna Harrison-Peters (Silver Spring, Md.), Mitchell, Sasha Kumar (Canyon City, Calif.) and Muratori blazed their way to a first-place showing (1:48.98).
- The 200-yard medley relay of Kumar, Lara Prosterman (San Francisco, Calif.), Mitchell and Harrison-Peters finished first in a time of 2:01.43.
"Not as easy as the score might indicate," said Clark head coach Paul E. Phillips. "This one took solid efforts from everyone on the roster. Some swimmers coming through in events that they don't usually swim, but were needed today."
The dual meet season continues for Clark when they visit NEWMAC rival Babson next Saturday.