Clark Men's Tennis falls to 4-1 on the year, losing 6-1 to Division 1 Holy Cross. Taking place at the home courts of the Crusaders, the Cougars rounded out their fall schedule for 2018 on Friday afternoon. Their strong first half of the year gives them some confidence before their Spring session, which includes six important NEWMAC conference matchups.
- Clark got a big win in No. 2 Doubles. Nicholas Mathieu (Tompsham, ME) and Max Schweitzer (West Hartford, CT) won 6-2 against Holy Cross's Campito and Slowinski.
- The Crusader No. 1 duo of Chen and Ruenhorst got the better of Clark's Jose Dalla-Valle (Miami, FL) and Andrey Samodaev (Boca Raton, FL) in a close 7-5 match.
- At the No. 3 spot, first-year Nathan Kapiloff and Jacob Malicky (South Egremont, MA) couldn't get the win and fell 6-2.
- Holy Cross's singles were the deciding factor in the cross-city matchup. Holy Cross's Chen won in three sets, 6-7, 6-0, 13-11, over Clark's No. 1 Dalla-Valle.
- Sophomore Cougar Nicholas Mathieu claimed a victory over Murphy of Holy Cross. The final in that No. 2 singles match was 6-3, 6-3.
- Schweitzer competed at No. 3 singles, but was defeated in straight sets 6-4, 6-2.
- Samodaev of Clark went down 6-1, 6-1 against Holy Cross's No. 4, Slowinski.
- In No. 5 singles, Ian Levy (Needham, MA) loss 6-0, 6-1.
- The three set match between Malicky and Harrs went the Crusaders way with set scores of 6-2, 4-6, and 10-8.
- Clark restarts their season February 23rd, as Vassar College takes a trip to Worcester for a Saturday matchup. The time of the match will be announced soon.
- Holy Cross plays another NEWMAC team and visits Springfield College next Wednesday, Oct. 10th.