- Score: MIT 9, Clark University 0
- Records: MIT (4-4, 1-0 NEWMAC), Clark University (2-7, 0-1 NEWMAC)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (J.B. Carr Tennis Bubble)
- The Lead: In its first New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) match of the spring, the No. 26 MIT men's tennis team swept Clark University, 9-0, on Saturday afternoon in Cambridge.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Engineers earned all three doubles points to start the match highlighted by an 8-2 win at No. 1 by Tyler Barr (Chagrin Falls, Ohio) and Alex Cauneac (Severna Park, Md.) over Jose Dalla-Valle (Miami, Fla.) and Andrey Samodaev (Boca Raton, Fla.). Albert Go (Merritt Island, Fla.) and Michael Zhao (Princeton Junction, N.J.) teamed up for an 8-4 win at No. 2 and they were followed by Omar Gonzalez (San Juan, Texas) and Nate Newhouse (New York, N.Y.), who earned an 8-3 win at No. 3.
- Barr blanked Dalla-Valle at No. 1 singles by a 6-0, 6-0 score, while Sean Ko (Danville, Calif.) and Zhao conceded only one game in their matches as they both won by duplicate 6-1, 6-0 scores at No. 2 and No. 3 singles, respectively.
-The final three points that MIT earned to win the match 9-0 also came in straight sets. Pablo Ampudia (San Antonio, Texas) topped Jack Han (Bakersfield, Calif.), 6-2, 6-1 at No. 4, Henry La Soya (Los Angeles, Calif.) defeated Samodaev, 6-1, 6-2 at No. 5 and Newhouse bested Alex Hattenbach (Wilton, Conn.), 6-2, 6-1 at No. 6.
-Clark hosts Coast Guard Academy on Wednesday, April 11th for a NEWMAC match at 4:30 p.m.
- MIT returns to the courts on Wednesday, April 11 as the Engineers host Wheaton College for a NEWMAC match beginning at 4:00 p.m.