Worcester, Mass. – Eddie McCluskey (Hope, Maine) won the 200-yard freestyle as the Clark University men's swimming and diving team wrapped up the home portion of their 2016-17 slate with the non-scoring Cougar Invitational on Saturday afternoon at the Kneller Center Pool.
Prior to the start of the meet, which featured league rivals Wheaton College, WPI and Division I Maine, the program honored its three seniors – McCluskey, Vlad Kiveliyk (Southington, Conn.) and Donovan Smith (Amherst, Mass.).
What Else Happened?:
- In addition to his first place finish in the 200-yard freestyle, McCluskey was fourth in the 50-yard freestyle (22.96).
- Bill Holloman (Avon, Conn.) was fourth in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:03.06) and second in the 1,650-yard freestyle (19:57.67).
- Johan Nel (Wayne, Maine) turned in a fifth-place finish in the 400-yard IM (4:58.33).
- Julian Ortega (West Palm Beach, Fla.) finished third in the 200-yard backstroke (2:20.16).
- Sebastian Ortega (West Palm Beach, Fla.) was fourth in the 200-yard breaststroke (2:35.69).
Clark is off until they take part in the NEWMAC Championships beginning next Thursday.