Worcester, Mass. – After a 14-win season and a trip to the New England Women's And Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) semifinals for the first time since of 2009, Clark University men's soccer coach Matt O'Toole has announced the incoming student-athletes that will join the program for the 2017 season.
"Our staff is excited to add this incoming class to our roster for the start of the 2017 campaign," said O'Toole. "Each addition adds depth to our roster across all positions, as we look to improve on the successes of the 2016 season."
Reese Andrade / Freshman / Forward / 6-0 / Los Angeles, California / Vistamar School
- Four-year letterwinner at Vistamar School in El Segundo, California.
- Offensive Team MVP in 2016.
- CIF Coastal League First-Team in 2016, 2017.
Patrick Clark / Freshman / Midfielder / 5-8 / Plainville, Massachusetts / Bishop Feehan
- Four-year letterwinner at Bishop Feehan in Attleboro, Massachusetts.
- Also earned two letters in track.
- Scored the second-most goals in school history.
- Named Attleboro Sun All-Star in both 2016 as a junior and 2017 as a senior.
- Led team to State Finals as a senior in 2017.
- Led team to Eastern Athletic Conference (EAC) championships in both 2016 and 2017.
Sam Hartley / Freshman / Defender / 5-11 / Sherborn, Massachusetts / Dover-Sherborn Regional
- Four-year letterwinner in soccer at Dover-Sherborn.
- Also won three letters in track and field and another in swimming.
- Named a Tri-Valley League All-Star in 2015 and 2016.
- Named an Eastern Massachusetts All-Star in 2016.
- Recipient of the team's Coaches' Award in 2016.
- Served as team captain as a senior in 2017.
- School record holder in the 400-meters and a member of the school record 4x800 relay team.
Alex Nicholson / Freshman / Midfielder / 5-8 / Barrington, Rhode Island / Barrington
- Four-year letterwinner at Barrington High.
- Helped lead Barrington to Division I State Championship as a senior in 2016.
- Recipient of David Foster Booth Memorial Soccer Award.
- First-Team All-State by Providence Journal as a senior in 2016.
- Second-Team All-State by Providence Journal as a junior in 2015.
- Rhode Island Soccer Coaches Association All-Tournament Team as a senior in 2016.
- Finished senior season with four goals and seven assists (11 points).
Cooper Richards / Freshman / Midfielder / 5-11 / Wellesley, Massachusetts / Wellesley
- Four-year letterwinner at Wellesley, where he also earned two letters in volleyball.
- Served as team captain as a senior.
Chris Ruebens / Freshman / Forward / 6-1 / West Orange, New Jersey / Cheshire Academy
- Letterwinner at Cheshire Academy in Cheshire, Conn.
- Also won letters in tennis.
- Recipient of tennis team MVP.
- Honored with Coaches' Award in soccer.
Caleb Urrutia / Sophomore / Midfielder / 5-10 / Rockville Centre, N.Y. / Kellenberg Memorial
- Spent one season at Johnson & Wales University.
- Saw action in two contests but did not record any statistics.
- Prior to JWU, earned letters at Kellenberg Memorial in Uniondale, N.Y.
- Served as team captain as a senior, where he helped lead them to the playoffs and a 13-8-2 overall record.
Melvin Vincent / Freshman / Goalkeeper / 6-0 / Rochester, Massachusetts / Tabor Academy
- Earned a combined five letters at Old Rochester Regional and Tabor Academy.
- Two-time South Coast Conference All-Star.
- Two-time New Bedford Standard Times Super Team selection.
- Named to NEPSAC Junior All-Star Team.
- Named to NEPSAC Senior All-Star Team.
- Boston Globe All-Scholastic selection.
Marco White / Freshman / Goalkeeper / 5-10 / Manhattan Beach, California / Vistamar School
- Four-year letterwinner in soccer at Vistamar School in El Segundo, California.
- Also earned letters in track (2) and cross country (1).
- Named Coastal League Defensive MVP as a senior in 2017.
- Named Coastal League First-Team All-Star as a senior in 2017.
- All-CIF Southern Section Team as a senior in 2017.
- Finished second at Coastal League Cross Country Championships as a senior in 2017.
- Coastal League champion in the 1,600 as a junior in 2016.
- Finished second at the Coastal League Championships in the 800 as a senior in 2017.
- Older brother, Theo, is a member of the Clark University lacrosse team.